Police: Home health aide stole from patient
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey have arrested a home health aide for allegedly stealing from an elderly patient.
Melissa Haugh, 26, from Little Egg Harbor Township, was arrested on Monday.
The investigation began when suspicious pawn shop slips from jewelry sales were brought to the attention of police.
Police say they soon learned the pieces of jewelry were stolen from a home in Hammonton.
According to investigators, Haugh stole the jewelry while working as a home health aide for the victim.
Haugh was charged with theft, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia in Hammonton.
She was additionally charged with two counts of receiving stolen property and two counts of theft by deception in Egg Harbor Township.
Haugh was released on summons pending court.
new jersey, atlantic county, theft, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book