Police: Home health aide stole from patient
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - October 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey have arrested a home health aide for allegedly stealing from an elderly patient.
Melissa Haugh, 26, from Little Egg Harbor Township, was arrested on Monday.
The investigation began when suspicious pawn shop slips from jewelry sales were brought to the attention of police.
Police say they soon learned the pieces of jewelry were stolen from a home in Hammonton.
According to investigators, Haugh stole the jewelry while working as a home health aide for the victim.
Haugh was charged with theft, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia in Hammonton.
She was additionally charged with two counts of receiving stolen property and two counts of theft by deception in Egg Harbor Township.
Haugh was released on summons pending court.
new jersey, atlantic county, theft, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police