Cops seek car that dragged NJ man ejected in crash
GREENWICH TOWNSHIP, N.J. - October 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a car that dragged a New Jersey man who was ejected and killed during a crash on Interstate 78.
State police Sgt. Adam Grossman says the crash happened Friday morning in Greenwich Township. Phillipsburg resident Rickie Lazier and his wife, Robin, were headed east on I-78 when their SUV swerved into a guardrail. Grossman says the SUV then re-entered the roadway and spun, and a tractor-trailer hit it.
Both Laziers were ejected.
Grossman says an Audi A4 then hit Rickie Lazier, dragging him about six-tenths of a mile before driving off.
Police are searching for the driver of the Audi, described as model year 2002 to 2004 with front-end and undercarriage damage.
Rickie Lazier died at the scene. Robin Lazier is in critical condition at a Pennsylvania hospital.
new jersey, pedestrian struck, hit and run, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 24 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 25 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime 26 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
24 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight...
26 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
25 min ago