Cops seek car that dragged NJ man ejected in crash
GREENWICH TOWNSHIP, N.J. - October 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a car that dragged a New Jersey man who was ejected and killed during a crash on Interstate 78.
State police Sgt. Adam Grossman says the crash happened Friday morning in Greenwich Township. Phillipsburg resident Rickie Lazier and his wife, Robin, were headed east on I-78 when their SUV swerved into a guardrail. Grossman says the SUV then re-entered the roadway and spun, and a tractor-trailer hit it.
Both Laziers were ejected.
Grossman says an Audi A4 then hit Rickie Lazier, dragging him about six-tenths of a mile before driving off.
Police are searching for the driver of the Audi, described as model year 2002 to 2004 with front-end and undercarriage damage.
Rickie Lazier died at the scene. Robin Lazier is in critical condition at a Pennsylvania hospital.
new jersey, pedestrian struck, hit and run, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 7 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 32 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 24 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 51 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ