Cops seek car that dragged NJ man ejected in crash
GREENWICH TOWNSHIP, N.J. - October 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for a car that dragged a New Jersey man who was ejected and killed during a crash on Interstate 78.
State police Sgt. Adam Grossman says the crash happened Friday morning in Greenwich Township. Phillipsburg resident Rickie Lazier and his wife, Robin, were headed east on I-78 when their SUV swerved into a guardrail. Grossman says the SUV then re-entered the roadway and spun, and a tractor-trailer hit it.
Both Laziers were ejected.
Grossman says an Audi A4 then hit Rickie Lazier, dragging him about six-tenths of a mile before driving off.
Police are searching for the driver of the Audi, described as model year 2002 to 2004 with front-end and undercarriage damage.
Rickie Lazier died at the scene. Robin Lazier is in critical condition at a Pennsylvania hospital.
new jersey, pedestrian struck, hit and run, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 51 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 54 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 12 min ago
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
51 min ago