Man shot, killed in Camden drive-by
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were hit in a drive-by shooting in Camden and one victim was pronounced dead.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning near the intersection of North 25th and High streets.
Police were directing traffic away from a fire scene two blocks away when an unidentified gunman drove by and opened fire striking two people.
Officers chased one vehicle from the scene as it sped away and struck several parked cars. It turned out that vehicle had one of the victims inside.
One victim was taken to Cooper University Hospital and pronounced dead. No word on the condition of the second victim.
At least two people were taken into custody after a fight broke out at the hospital, upon learning that one victim died.
Damage to hospital property was reported and a Camden police officer was allegedly assaulted by the victim's family member.
Police say more than 20 shell casings were found at the scene. No word on a suspect or a motive at this time.
new jersey, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 56 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 4 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 51 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 3 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
3 min ago