Man shot, killed in Camden drive-by
CAMDEN, N.J. - October 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were hit in a drive-by shooting in Camden and one victim was pronounced dead.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning near the intersection of North 25th and High streets.
Police were directing traffic away from a fire scene two blocks away when an unidentified gunman drove by and opened fire striking two people.
Officers chased one vehicle from the scene as it sped away and struck several parked cars. It turned out that vehicle had one of the victims inside.
One victim was taken to Cooper University Hospital and pronounced dead. No word on the condition of the second victim.
At least two people were taken into custody after a fight broke out at the hospital, upon learning that one victim died.
Damage to hospital property was reported and a Camden police officer was allegedly assaulted by the victim's family member.
Police say more than 20 shell casings were found at the scene. No word on a suspect or a motive at this time.
new jersey, camden, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 47 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 48 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 49 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 5 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 50 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 4 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave. 51 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
47 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in...
48 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
49 min ago