Driver strikes police cruisers on scene of crash
WEST PHILADELPHIA - October 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officers were on the scene of one crash in West Philadelphia when police say a drunk driver plowed through, striking two police cruisers.
It unfolded around 2:30 Sunday morning near 56th and Chestnut streets.
Police tell Action News that a pedestrian was struck. The victim was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
Just before 5:00 a.m., as officers from the 18th district were on the scene of that accident, police say a drunk driver plowed through, striking two police cruisers.
One vehicle sustained damage to the left front fender and the other sustained damage to the rear bumper.
One officer received minor injuries and was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
The driver was not injured but is facing DUI charges.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, accident, DUI, police, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia 57 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home 55 min ago
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier