Motorcycle-Bicycle collision kills 2 in Phila.
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Neither rider survived when a motorcycle and bicycle collided in South Philadelphia Sunday night.
Officers tell Action News that the accident at 10th Street and Oregon Avenue happened shortly after 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
The bicyclist, a 52-year-old man died at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania about an hour after the accident. The motorcyclist, a 28-year-old man also died at the hospital.
No names have been released by authorities.
Investigators kept the intersection closed for several hours while they sifted through evidence about the deadly accident.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, accident, motorcycles, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 21 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 30 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 17 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 15 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 2 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!