Elderly man struck by car in NE Philly dies
BUSTLETON - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the death of an elderly man who was struck and killed by a vehicle in Northeast Philadelphia Sunday evening.
The accident happened just after 7:15 p.m. in the 7300 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Police say a 78-year-old man was standing on the median and attempted to run across the street while oncoming traffic was approaching.
He was then struck by a car and pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver did stop and is talking to investigators.
There is no word on whether charges will be filed.
The name of the victim has not been released.
accident, pedestrian struck, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 37 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 27 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 48 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list