Fan at Giants-Redskins game falls from escalator
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say a fan has been critically hurt after falling more than 20 feet from an escalator as he exited MetLife Stadium after the New York Giants and Washington Redskins game.
Sgt. Adam Grossman says the 42-year-old man was leaving the stadium in East Rutherford on Sunday at around 4 p.m. when he fell over the side of the escalator. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
Grossman says the man fell about 21 feet and landed on a metal stage.
The man was airlifted to Hackensack University Hospital and was in critical condition Sunday night. Grossman says the investigation is ongoing.
The Giants beat the Redskins 27-23 with a late 77-yard scoring pass from Eli Manning. More than 80,000 fans attended the game.
accident, nfl, new jersey, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 1 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 37 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 33 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Stormy to spectacular
37 min ago