Fan at Giants-Redskins game falls from escalator
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say a fan has been critically hurt after falling more than 20 feet from an escalator as he exited MetLife Stadium after the New York Giants and Washington Redskins game.
Sgt. Adam Grossman says the 42-year-old man was leaving the stadium in East Rutherford on Sunday at around 4 p.m. when he fell over the side of the escalator. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
Grossman says the man fell about 21 feet and landed on a metal stage.
The man was airlifted to Hackensack University Hospital and was in critical condition Sunday night. Grossman says the investigation is ongoing.
The Giants beat the Redskins 27-23 with a late 77-yard scoring pass from Eli Manning. More than 80,000 fans attended the game.
accident, nfl, new jersey, local/state
- 37 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 1 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash 5 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74
- Diet Detours: Healthy grilling
- 37 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
1 min ago