Fan at Giants-Redskins game falls from escalator
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say a fan has been critically hurt after falling more than 20 feet from an escalator as he exited MetLife Stadium after the New York Giants and Washington Redskins game.
Sgt. Adam Grossman says the 42-year-old man was leaving the stadium in East Rutherford on Sunday at around 4 p.m. when he fell over the side of the escalator. It's not clear what caused him to fall.
Grossman says the man fell about 21 feet and landed on a metal stage.
The man was airlifted to Hackensack University Hospital and was in critical condition Sunday night. Grossman says the investigation is ongoing.
The Giants beat the Redskins 27-23 with a late 77-yard scoring pass from Eli Manning. More than 80,000 fans attended the game.
accident, nfl, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 40 injured 10 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 13 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 11 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 3 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
36 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos