Child hospitalized in Allentown fire
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- One child is hospitalized and dozens of families displaced after a fire in Allentown, Pennsylvania Sunday.
The fire started in the 1100 block of Chew Street.
Fire investigators say the flames broke out in the kitchen and then spread through the first floor.
Fire crews rescued a child from inside the home.
The child was taken to the hospital but there is no word on the condition.
The fire also burned the house next door.
The Red Cross is helping the victims.
allentown, fire, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!