Child hospitalized in Allentown fire
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- One child is hospitalized and dozens of families displaced after a fire in Allentown, Pennsylvania Sunday.
The fire started in the 1100 block of Chew Street.
Fire investigators say the flames broke out in the kitchen and then spread through the first floor.
Fire crews rescued a child from inside the home.
The child was taken to the hospital but there is no word on the condition.
The fire also burned the house next door.
The Red Cross is helping the victims.
allentown, fire, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases