Child hospitalized in Allentown fire
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- One child is hospitalized and dozens of families displaced after a fire in Allentown, Pennsylvania Sunday.
The fire started in the 1100 block of Chew Street.
Fire investigators say the flames broke out in the kitchen and then spread through the first floor.
Fire crews rescued a child from inside the home.
The child was taken to the hospital but there is no word on the condition.
The fire also burned the house next door.
The Red Cross is helping the victims.
allentown, fire, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings 48 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured 42 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years