A.G.: NJ man ran male prostitution ring at Jersey shore
TRENTON, N.J. - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey law enforcement officials say they've arrested a man for allegedly operating a male prostitution ring out of his Jersey shore apartment.
The state's attorney general announced Monday that 39-year-old Marc A. Branch of Ventor has been arrested on a first-degree charge of human trafficking.
He also faces sexual assault and prostitution-related charges.
It's not clear if Branch has a lawyer.
Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa says Branch allegedly targeted men and boys ranging in age from their teens to early 20's who were estranged from their families.
Chiesa says Branch allegedly induced them with drugs and then prostituted them to male clients once they became drug-dependent.
Branch was arrested Friday night by New Jersey detectives and FBI agents who focus on human trafficking cases.
new jersey, prostitution, jersey shore, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's