A.G.: NJ man ran male prostitution ring at Jersey shore
TRENTON, N.J. - October 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey law enforcement officials say they've arrested a man for allegedly operating a male prostitution ring out of his Jersey shore apartment.
The state's attorney general announced Monday that 39-year-old Marc A. Branch of Ventor has been arrested on a first-degree charge of human trafficking.
He also faces sexual assault and prostitution-related charges.
It's not clear if Branch has a lawyer.
Attorney General Jeffrey S. Chiesa says Branch allegedly targeted men and boys ranging in age from their teens to early 20's who were estranged from their families.
Chiesa says Branch allegedly induced them with drugs and then prostituted them to male clients once they became drug-dependent.
Branch was arrested Friday night by New Jersey detectives and FBI agents who focus on human trafficking cases.
new jersey, prostitution, jersey shore, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures