Pa. teen sentenced in paternity dispute killing
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - October 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nineteen-year-old Uriah O'Carroll was ordered Monday to spend a minimum of 40 years behind bars for killing 20-year-old Marcus Eggleston and wounding Eggleston's mother in July 2011.
Authorities say O'Carroll and Eggleston were locked in a long-running dispute over who had fathered a woman's child when O'Carroll gunned down Eggleston and shot Sandy Lynn Falwell outside an Allentown home.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports O'Carroll tearfully apologized at his sentencing, saying he tried to turn the gun on himself that night but had run out of bullets.
sentencing, teens, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail 52 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 56 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 44 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 9 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 25 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 1 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
52 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
44 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
7 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
25 min ago