Pa. teen sentenced in paternity dispute killing
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - October 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Nineteen-year-old Uriah O'Carroll was ordered Monday to spend a minimum of 40 years behind bars for killing 20-year-old Marcus Eggleston and wounding Eggleston's mother in July 2011.
Authorities say O'Carroll and Eggleston were locked in a long-running dispute over who had fathered a woman's child when O'Carroll gunned down Eggleston and shot Sandy Lynn Falwell outside an Allentown home.
The Morning Call of Allentown reports O'Carroll tearfully apologized at his sentencing, saying he tried to turn the gun on himself that night but had run out of bullets.
sentencing, teens, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- Windy and cold today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 29 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 57 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 18 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 25 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
57 min ago