Driver dies after hitting pole in Chester Co.
NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say one person is dead after a car slammed into a utility pole in North Coventry Twp., Pennsylvania early Wednesday morning.
The accident happened just before 1:00 a.m. on the 800 block of East Schuylkill Road.
Police say the driver lost control of the car, knocked down a utility pole then went down a hill before landing on the lawn of a house.
North Coventry police tell Action News that the driver later died at the hospital. His identity is being withheld until next of kin is notified.
There is no word on if alcohol was a factor in the crash.
accident, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 6 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 26 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 33 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 35 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
35 min ago