Death in Spring Garden ruled suspicious
SPRING GARDEN - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating what is being described as a "suspicious death" in the city's Spring Garden section.
It was shortly before 9:00 a.m. Wednesday when a home health care representative arrived at the man's first floor residence on the 1100 block of Green Street and found him unresponsive.
Police arrived at the home and pronounced the man dead at the scene.
Investigators say the man appears to have been beaten, though an official cause of death has not been determined.
The man's identity has not been released.
spring garden, philadelphia, suspicious death, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man