Parents investigated for taking child from hospital
LEHIGH VALLEY, Pa. - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the report of a child taken from the Lehigh Valley hospital Tuesday.
Officials say initially the report came in as a child abduction but police now say the parents of a 3-month-old baby took their child against medical advice.
The baby's mother says she was taking the girl to Philadelphia for a second opinion and was not trying to hurt her.
She says that she is now being told she can't see her daughter.
children, hospitals, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware 41 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow 58 min ago
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
11 min ago
- Amy Buckman reports from South Philadelphia
58 min ago
- Annie McCormick reports from Blackwood, NJ
50 min ago