3 weeks until Philly casino application deadline
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania's gaming board is reminding developers there are three weeks before the deadline to submit applications for Philadelphia's second casino license.
The board on Wednesday reminded applicants to have paperwork in by Nov. 15. In July, the board announced it would start accepting applications and wait no longer for the Legislature to decide whether to open up the bidding statewide.
The 2004 state gambling law calls for two casinos in Philadelphia, one of which is up and running. The gaming board revoked the second license for a long-stalled Foxwoods project in 2010.
Several groups have expressed interest in the open license. Developer Bart Blatstein is scheduled Wednesday night to unveil his proposal for a $700 million casino development in the former headquarters of The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News.
casinos, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 52 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 58 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 36 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
58 min ago