3 weeks until Philly casino application deadline
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania's gaming board is reminding developers there are three weeks before the deadline to submit applications for Philadelphia's second casino license.
The board on Wednesday reminded applicants to have paperwork in by Nov. 15. In July, the board announced it would start accepting applications and wait no longer for the Legislature to decide whether to open up the bidding statewide.
The 2004 state gambling law calls for two casinos in Philadelphia, one of which is up and running. The gaming board revoked the second license for a long-stalled Foxwoods project in 2010.
Several groups have expressed interest in the open license. Developer Bart Blatstein is scheduled Wednesday night to unveil his proposal for a $700 million casino development in the former headquarters of The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News.
casinos, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 11 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 37 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 15 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 33 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 35 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
33 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos