White powdery substance found Phila. Municipal bldg.
PHILADELPHIA - October 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police and fire crews were called to the Philadelphia Municipal Services Building in Center City where a white powdery substance was found in a delivery Friday afternoon.
Police responded to the concourse level of the Municipal services building at 15th Street and JFK Boulevard just before 2:30 p.m.
Hazmat crews were called to the scene shortly afterwards, but the building was not evacuated.
The incident is under investigation.
hazmat, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 15 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 40 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school