Reward upped to $50k for baby missing from Montgomery Co., Pa.
UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - October 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The reward money has now been increased to $50,000 for information leading to the safe return of 10-month-old Saanvi Venna.
"Please help us by providing any kind of information you can," said the baby's uncle, Ram Venna.
It has now been four days since baby Saanvi disappeared.
Monday afternoon, police found the body of Saanvi's grandmother at the Marquis Apartments in King of Prussia. She had been murdered, and the baby was gone.
61-year-old Satayvathi Venna had come here from India for a visit with her son and his family.
The family is now coping with the double tragedy of a murder and a kidnapping.
On Wednesday night they hosted a candlelight vigil in King of Prussia, imploring the public to help find Saanvi.
Upper Merion Police, county detectives and the FBI have been working the case around the clock. They've conducted multiple searches in and around the apartment complex.
Late Wednesday, they flew in specially trained FBI bloodhounds. Investigators fanned out Thursday in an effort to interview everyone who may have had contact with the family.
Police do not believe this was a random crime.
Ram Venna lost his mother and is now agonizing over the safety of his niece. He'll return to India tomorrow for his mother's funeral.
"I planned to visit this place for the next one or two months to see my mom and spend some time with her. But unfortunately, this all happened. There is nothing that I can say at this point in time," he said.
Another candlelight vigil will be held Thursday night in Bridgewater, New Jersey and others are planned for Dallas and Atlanta. There's no telling how far the kidnapper may have taken the baby by now.
pennsylvania, homicide, missing children, montgomery county, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 11 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust 27 min ago
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text 52 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
11 min ago