School District of Philadelphia closed on Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy
PHILADELPHIA - October 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The School District of Philadelphia will be closed on Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy.
Also closed are early childhood and afterschool programs.
The public and media are urged to monitor the District website at www.philasd.org for any updates.
Updated information will also be posted on the District's Information Hotline at 215-400-INFO (4636).
Meanwhile, Archdiocesan Schools in Philadelphia are also Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy.
The City of Philadelphia is under a state of emergency.
In Philadelphia, the American Red Cross has set up emergency shelters at three schools that are expected to be opened Sunday beginning at 4:00 p.m.
West Philadelphia High School
4901 Chestnut Street
Roxborough High School
6498 Ridge Avenue
Samuel Fels High School
5500 Langdon Street
(All open at 4pm Sunday)
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 2 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 14 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 1 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos