Phila. firefighters battle 2-alarm fire
EAST OAK LANE - October 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Amid the effects of Sandy, Philadelphia firefighters battled a two-alarm house fire in the city's East Oak Lane section.
It happened around 10:10 Monday evening on the 500 block of Independence Avenue.
A report came in that the fire broke out inside a three-story twin home.
Arriving crews were met with heavy flames coming from the third floor.
High winds gave firefighters trouble containing the blaze and a second alarm was struck.
The fire was placed under control around 1:00 Tuesday morning. No injuries were reported.
Still no word what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 22 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton 29 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware 42 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
47 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
29 min ago