Residents rescued from Delaware homes
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Guard was called in to rescue several residents from their homes in Delaware early Tuesday morning.
It happened around 2:00 a.m. at The Strand in old historic New Castle.
The residents had to be evacuated after the Delaware River began to rise.
So far, there are no reports of any injuries and it appears everyone was brought to safety.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 17 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 14 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 56 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ