Residents rescued from Delaware homes
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Guard was called in to rescue several residents from their homes in Delaware early Tuesday morning.
It happened around 2:00 a.m. at The Strand in old historic New Castle.
The residents had to be evacuated after the Delaware River began to rise.
So far, there are no reports of any injuries and it appears everyone was brought to safety.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 46 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 32 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
46 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos