Residents rescued from Delaware homes
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Guard was called in to rescue several residents from their homes in Delaware early Tuesday morning.
It happened around 2:00 a.m. at The Strand in old historic New Castle.
The residents had to be evacuated after the Delaware River began to rise.
So far, there are no reports of any injuries and it appears everyone was brought to safety.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 6 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos