Residents rescued from Delaware homes
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The National Guard was called in to rescue several residents from their homes in Delaware early Tuesday morning.
It happened around 2:00 a.m. at The Strand in old historic New Castle.
The residents had to be evacuated after the Delaware River began to rise.
So far, there are no reports of any injuries and it appears everyone was brought to safety.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 29 min ago
- Police: Severe neglect led to disabled man's death 11 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Body discovered in house fire in Allentown 5 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
29 min ago