Entire length of Garden State Parkway reopened
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The New Jersey Turnpike Authority announced that it has reopened the entire length of the Garden State Parkway to traffic in both directions.
Motorists can utilize the roadway immediately and should expect the resumption of tolls at 2 p.m.
The Parkway had been closed due to flooding yesterday from its southern terminus in Cape May County to Exit 129 near the Driscoll Bridge.
Sections of the New Jersey Turnpike remain closed, including the southbound lanes between Exits 10 and 14 where NJTA crews are working to remove debris that floated onto the roadway. The northbound lanes in this area have been reopened.
The Turnpike remains closed between Exits 14 and 14C. Additionally, the southbound ramp at Exit 15W to I-280 is closed due to a washout.
Travel restrictions remain in place at all eastbound bridges to the barrier islands.
Part of the Atlantic City Expressway is closed at this hour in order for crews to clean away debris left in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
The closures on the Atlantic City Expressway extend eastbound at Exit 5 (US 9) and westbound from Atlantic City to Exit 5 until further notice.
President Barack Obama signed a disaster declaration for the State of New Jersey on Tuesday, which will designate Federal aid toward the recovery from Hurricane Sandy. Funding will be available to affected individuals in Atlantic, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Union counties.
A string of New Jersey's barrier islands got cut off from the mainland by storm surges.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, new jersey, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 44 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 51 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ