Entire length of Garden State Parkway reopened
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The New Jersey Turnpike Authority announced that it has reopened the entire length of the Garden State Parkway to traffic in both directions.
Motorists can utilize the roadway immediately and should expect the resumption of tolls at 2 p.m.
The Parkway had been closed due to flooding yesterday from its southern terminus in Cape May County to Exit 129 near the Driscoll Bridge.
Sections of the New Jersey Turnpike remain closed, including the southbound lanes between Exits 10 and 14 where NJTA crews are working to remove debris that floated onto the roadway. The northbound lanes in this area have been reopened.
The Turnpike remains closed between Exits 14 and 14C. Additionally, the southbound ramp at Exit 15W to I-280 is closed due to a washout.
Travel restrictions remain in place at all eastbound bridges to the barrier islands.
Part of the Atlantic City Expressway is closed at this hour in order for crews to clean away debris left in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
The closures on the Atlantic City Expressway extend eastbound at Exit 5 (US 9) and westbound from Atlantic City to Exit 5 until further notice.
President Barack Obama signed a disaster declaration for the State of New Jersey on Tuesday, which will designate Federal aid toward the recovery from Hurricane Sandy. Funding will be available to affected individuals in Atlantic, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, and Union counties.
A string of New Jersey's barrier islands got cut off from the mainland by storm surges.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 11 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
11 min ago