Pedestrian struck, killed by tractor-trailer
HOCKESSIN, Del. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a man was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer in Hockessin when he ran into the road.
It happened about 1:10 a.m. Thursday on Lancaster Pike. Troopers say 18-year-old James Vandegrift of Hockessin ran from the sidewalk into the northbound lane. Officers say he was struck by a tractor-trailer driven by 40-year-old Ira Goldsborough of Vineland, N.J.
Vandegrift was pronounced dead at the scene. Goldsborough was not injured.
No charges have been filed. The accident is under investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, delaware, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions 20 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start 19 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot 39 min ago
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
20 min ago
- John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
19 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos