Pedestrian struck, killed by tractor-trailer
HOCKESSIN, Del. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a man was struck and killed by a tractor-trailer in Hockessin when he ran into the road.
It happened about 1:10 a.m. Thursday on Lancaster Pike. Troopers say 18-year-old James Vandegrift of Hockessin ran from the sidewalk into the northbound lane. Officers say he was struck by a tractor-trailer driven by 40-year-old Ira Goldsborough of Vineland, N.J.
Vandegrift was pronounced dead at the scene. Goldsborough was not injured.
No charges have been filed. The accident is under investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, delaware, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 8 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 15 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 58 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 12 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 19 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 3 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 14 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos