New Castle Police arrest home invasion suspect
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have arrested a man they believed robbed an elderly woman in a home invasion early Saturday morning.
Police arrested 49-year-old Johnny Redwood for breaking into his neighbor's home in the 200 block of Eaton Drive around 3:30 p.m. Both Redwood and the elderly victim lived in the Fredrick Lodge Trailer Park in Townsend, Delaware.
Police say Redwood stole a crowbar from the woman's shed and attempted to pry open a door before smashing a window and entering the home and demanding money.
The 81-year-old woman fled to a neighbor's home after giving Redwood an undisclosed amount of cash, telling police he was wearing a disguise and carried a crowbar and hammer.
Redwood was located a short time later near the entrance of the trailer park.
He is being charged with first degree robbery, home invasion and weapons offenses. He is being held on $42,000 secured bail.
home invasion, robbery, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos