New Castle Police arrest home invasion suspect
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have arrested a man they believed robbed an elderly woman in a home invasion early Saturday morning.
Police arrested 49-year-old Johnny Redwood for breaking into his neighbor's home in the 200 block of Eaton Drive around 3:30 p.m. Both Redwood and the elderly victim lived in the Fredrick Lodge Trailer Park in Townsend, Delaware.
Police say Redwood stole a crowbar from the woman's shed and attempted to pry open a door before smashing a window and entering the home and demanding money.
The 81-year-old woman fled to a neighbor's home after giving Redwood an undisclosed amount of cash, telling police he was wearing a disguise and carried a crowbar and hammer.
Redwood was located a short time later near the entrance of the trailer park.
He is being charged with first degree robbery, home invasion and weapons offenses. He is being held on $42,000 secured bail.
home invasion, robbery, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
19 min ago