New Castle Police arrest home invasion suspect
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have arrested a man they believed robbed an elderly woman in a home invasion early Saturday morning.
Police arrested 49-year-old Johnny Redwood for breaking into his neighbor's home in the 200 block of Eaton Drive around 3:30 p.m. Both Redwood and the elderly victim lived in the Fredrick Lodge Trailer Park in Townsend, Delaware.
Police say Redwood stole a crowbar from the woman's shed and attempted to pry open a door before smashing a window and entering the home and demanding money.
The 81-year-old woman fled to a neighbor's home after giving Redwood an undisclosed amount of cash, telling police he was wearing a disguise and carried a crowbar and hammer.
Redwood was located a short time later near the entrance of the trailer park.
He is being charged with first degree robbery, home invasion and weapons offenses. He is being held on $42,000 secured bail.
home invasion, robbery, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore