Pa. teen dies in ATV crash during storm
WINDGAP, Pa. (AP) - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a Pennsylvania teen is dead after striking a fallen tree on an all-terrain vehicle as the powerful hybrid storm moved through the area.
Lehigh County coroner Scott Grim says 17-year-old Robert Mills was riding an ATV in Wind Gap when he struck the tree around 9:30 p.m. Monday.
The teen was transported to a hospital and later pronounced dead. The cause of death was head injuries and Grim says it was ruled an accident.
The massive hybrid storm knocked down trees across a large portion of eastern Pennsylvania, blocking roads and knocking out power to more than a million customers.
accident, lehigh county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 6 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
6 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos