Princeton man dies from fallen tree
PRINCETON - October 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Mercer County man is dead after the strong winds of Sandy caused a tree to fall on top of him.
Princeton Township authorities responded to a residence in the 1000 block of Great Road to a report of a person trapped beneath a tree.
Upon arrival, officers located the homeowner, 61-year-old William Sword, trapped beneath a tree which had fallen on him as he cleared storm debris from his driveway.
Princeton first aid and rescue squad responded to the scene.
Sword was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Princeton Township Police Department continues to investigate.
hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, new jersey, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
36 min ago