Police: Pa. man, 86, fatally shoots son
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 86-year-old man is behind bars after fatally shooting his son at the eastern Pennsylvania home they shared.
Allentown police say Roy Tarboro shot and killed 54-year-old Rickey Tarboro on Monday evening in the midst of the megastorm that slammed the region.
Roy Tarboro was arraigned on homicide charges and held without bail.
Police did not discuss the circumstances of the shooting but Rickey Tarboro's live-in girlfriend tells The Morning Call of Allentown the older man had dementia.
It was not immediately clear if Roy Tarboro had an attorney.
allentown, shooting, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 29 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ