Police: Pa. man, 86, fatally shoots son
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an 86-year-old man is behind bars after fatally shooting his son at the eastern Pennsylvania home they shared.
Allentown police say Roy Tarboro shot and killed 54-year-old Rickey Tarboro on Monday evening in the midst of the megastorm that slammed the region.
Roy Tarboro was arraigned on homicide charges and held without bail.
Police did not discuss the circumstances of the shooting but Rickey Tarboro's live-in girlfriend tells The Morning Call of Allentown the older man had dementia.
It was not immediately clear if Roy Tarboro had an attorney.
allentown, shooting, homicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 31 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
58 min ago