4 Philadelphia Schools affected by power outages
PHILADELPHIA - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that four Philadelphia Public Schools are having power problems Wednesday morning.
School District of Philadelphia schools are currently affected by power outages and their school day and school locations are modified for Wednesday, October 31st.The four schools are the following:
Edison High School, 151 W. Luzerne Street, is closed for the day.
Philadelphia Learning Academies North, 4224 N. Front Street, is closed for the day.
B. Anderson Elementary School, 1034 60th Street, will relocate students and staff to Bryant Academics Plus School located at 6001 Cedar Avenue.
Pennypacker Elementary School, 1858 E. Washington Lane, will relocate students and staff to Leeds Middle School located at 1100 E. Mt. Pleasant Avenue.
The District urges parents, staff and the general public to monitor the District's website at for individual school and program notifications.
Updated information will also be posted on the District's Information Hotline at 215-400-INFO .
school, power outage, philadelphia, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 47 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 30 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 33 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police