Suspect arrested for smashing car windows
HOLMESBURG - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a man who they say smashed the windows of several cars in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.
The incident happened sometime early Wednesday morning in the 7700 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Authorities say people heard noise from outside. A number of residents say they saw a man smashing windows and they ran after him.
According to police, the man then tried to carjack a vehicle. The residents called police and the suspect was apprehended.
The windows of more than a dozen cars were damaged during the incident.
vandalism, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos