Suspect arrested for smashing car windows
HOLMESBURG - October 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a man who they say smashed the windows of several cars in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.
The incident happened sometime early Wednesday morning in the 7700 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Authorities say people heard noise from outside. A number of residents say they saw a man smashing windows and they ran after him.
According to police, the man then tried to carjack a vehicle. The residents called police and the suspect was apprehended.
The windows of more than a dozen cars were damaged during the incident.
vandalism, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 20 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 8 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender 19 min ago
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion