Fuel spilled from generator in Center City
CENTER CITY - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hazmat crews are on the scene of a fuel spill in Center City Thursday morning.
Crews were called around 6:45 a.m. to the area of 11th and Sansom Streets.
Officials say fuel was spilled from a basement generator and Hazmat crews are checking on fumes on the lower floors of Jefferson University Hospital.
The fire department has blocked off the area near the scene.
So far, no evacuations or injuries have been reported.
hazmat, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos