Absentee ballot deadline extended in Pa. counties
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has ordered some Pennsylvania's county election offices to extend the deadline for absentee ballots to be returned following the disruptions caused by this week's massive storm.
Absentee voters in counties where election officers were closed this week have until 5 p.m. Monday to submit their ballots, either by mail or in person.
The extension applies only to counties where the office of the board of elections was closed due to the storm.
Secretary of the Commonwealth Carol Aichele says Thursday's order will allow those requiring an absentee ballot an additional chance to ensure their vote is counted.
election, pennsylvania, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 49 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 22 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos