Absentee ballot deadline extended in Pa. counties
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has ordered some Pennsylvania's county election offices to extend the deadline for absentee ballots to be returned following the disruptions caused by this week's massive storm.
Absentee voters in counties where election officers were closed this week have until 5 p.m. Monday to submit their ballots, either by mail or in person.
The extension applies only to counties where the office of the board of elections was closed due to the storm.
Secretary of the Commonwealth Carol Aichele says Thursday's order will allow those requiring an absentee ballot an additional chance to ensure their vote is counted.
election, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs