Absentee ballot deadline extended in Pa. counties
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has ordered some Pennsylvania's county election offices to extend the deadline for absentee ballots to be returned following the disruptions caused by this week's massive storm.
Absentee voters in counties where election officers were closed this week have until 5 p.m. Monday to submit their ballots, either by mail or in person.
The extension applies only to counties where the office of the board of elections was closed due to the storm.
Secretary of the Commonwealth Carol Aichele says Thursday's order will allow those requiring an absentee ballot an additional chance to ensure their vote is counted.
election, pennsylvania, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale 55 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 58 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 57 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies 47 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
58 min ago