Absentee ballot deadline extended in Pa. counties
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gov. Tom Corbett has ordered some Pennsylvania's county election offices to extend the deadline for absentee ballots to be returned following the disruptions caused by this week's massive storm.
Absentee voters in counties where election officers were closed this week have until 5 p.m. Monday to submit their ballots, either by mail or in person.
The extension applies only to counties where the office of the board of elections was closed due to the storm.
Secretary of the Commonwealth Carol Aichele says Thursday's order will allow those requiring an absentee ballot an additional chance to ensure their vote is counted.
election, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 32 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 4 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 15 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos