Trenton woman dies from CO poisoning during Sandy
TRENTON, N.J. - November 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Trenton authorities say a woman who lost her power because of Sandy died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
59-year-old Gracie Dunston was found in her bed just before 2 a-m on the unit block of Morris Avenue.
Crews reported a strong odor of fumes coming from a gas powered generator running inside the basement.
Several other people inside the home showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning and are now recovering at the hospital.
New Jersey officials are reporting several other deaths across the state due to carbon monoxide poisoning from running generators, including a man from Edison and two sisters, 15 and 19, who died in an apartment building powered by a generator in Newark.
carbon monoxide, hurricane sandy, trenton, new jersey, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 40 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 29 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 59 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars