Man injured in Grays Ferry hit and run
GRAYS FERRY - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for the driver who struck a man in the Grays Ferry section of Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The accident occurred around 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of 25th and Wharton Street.
Officials say a 48-year-old man was injured in a hit and run crash.
Police say his car was rear ended by another driver in a stolen U-Haul vehicle.
The driver in the U-Haul fled the scene on foot after the crash.
The victim suffered back injuries and was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are looking for the suspect.
accident, grays ferry, philadelphia, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 38 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later 34 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 31 min ago
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire 45 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued 48 min ago
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 51 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
38 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
31 min ago
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant...
34 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
29 min ago