Man charged with assaulting his 3 month old baby
BENSALEM, Pa. -November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bensalem police charged a man on Thursday with assaulting his 3-month-old baby.
Police and Bucks County Children and Youth began investigating an assault on a baby brought to Aria Torresdale Hospital back on October 12th.
The baby suffered from head trauma and was transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia.
Police say, the injuries were serious in nature and investigators suspected child abuse.
The baby's father, 25-year-old Kyle Hinkle of the 1500 block of Virginia Avenue was arrested.
According to police Hinkle admitted he was unable to stop the infant's crying so he shook him up and down multiple times.
Police say the infant is still in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Hinkle was charged with Felony Aggravated Assault, Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Child and related charges.
He was arraigned by Judge Leonard Brown and sent to prison in lieu of $50,000 10% bail.
baby death, assault, bensalem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 11 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 6 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 15 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 36 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 5 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor 45 min ago
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 35 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
11 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
15 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
36 min ago