Man charged with assaulting his 3 month old baby
BENSALEM, Pa. -November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bensalem police charged a man on Thursday with assaulting his 3-month-old baby.
Police and Bucks County Children and Youth began investigating an assault on a baby brought to Aria Torresdale Hospital back on October 12th.
The baby suffered from head trauma and was transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia.
Police say, the injuries were serious in nature and investigators suspected child abuse.
The baby's father, 25-year-old Kyle Hinkle of the 1500 block of Virginia Avenue was arrested.
According to police Hinkle admitted he was unable to stop the infant's crying so he shook him up and down multiple times.
Police say the infant is still in the hospital and is expected to survive.
Hinkle was charged with Felony Aggravated Assault, Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Child and related charges.
He was arraigned by Judge Leonard Brown and sent to prison in lieu of $50,000 10% bail.
baby death, assault, bensalem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run