Fire breaks out at Chestnut Hill nursing home
CHESNUT HILL - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia fire crews responded to a fire that broke out at a Chestnut Hill nursing home.
It happened shortly after 6:00 Friday evening at the Fairview Care Center on the 100 block of Bethlehem Pike.
Smoke was reported from the third floor of the building.
The fire was brought under control with 40 minutes.
Residents had to be transported to other areas of the facility but no injuries were reported.
So far no word what sparked the flames.
philadelphia, chestnut hill, fire, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 26 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 42 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos