Sandy's death toll in New Jersey grows to 22
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Superstorm Sandy is now being blamed for 22 deaths in New Jersey.
The latest deaths were confirmed by the New Jersey State Police Friday evening.
A State Police spokesman says they are not yet sure when some of the storm-related deaths occurred.
The causes of death range from drowning and hypothermia to carbon monoxide poisoning, fires and accidents.
new jersey, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 13 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 38 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 57 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
13 min ago