Sandy's death toll in New Jersey grows to 22
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Superstorm Sandy is now being blamed for 22 deaths in New Jersey.
The latest deaths were confirmed by the New Jersey State Police Friday evening.
A State Police spokesman says they are not yet sure when some of the storm-related deaths occurred.
The causes of death range from drowning and hypothermia to carbon monoxide poisoning, fires and accidents.
new jersey, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad