Sandy's death toll in New Jersey grows to 22
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - November 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Superstorm Sandy is now being blamed for 22 deaths in New Jersey.
The latest deaths were confirmed by the New Jersey State Police Friday evening.
A State Police spokesman says they are not yet sure when some of the storm-related deaths occurred.
The causes of death range from drowning and hypothermia to carbon monoxide poisoning, fires and accidents.
new jersey, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 21 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 58 min ago
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft 36 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 13 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 57 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool 41 min ago
- Freebie Friday 26 min ago
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
58 min ago
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas...
36 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as...
41 min ago