Owners to check on Delaware beach homes
DOVER, Del. - November 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Now that Superstorm Sandy has passed, owners of vacation homes in Delaware will be checking on the damage left behind.
Several homes in the southern beach communities of Bethany and Fenwick Island were left surrounded by floodwaters stirred up from the inland bays and waterways.
Some out of state home owners likely will take advantage of the weekend to check on their homes, but Fenwick's town manager says he expects more will be flowing in over the next month or so.
At the very least, some likely will have to replace soggy carpet and drywall.
delaware, hurricane sandy, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 20 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket 40 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
39 min ago