Female driver killed in New Castle Co. crash identified
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the woman killed Saturday in a crash in New Castle.
Toni Mays, 28, of Wilmington was killed when her 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier struck a tree.
It happened shortly before midnight Saturday on Churchmans Road.
Police say Mays was traveling east toward Iroquois Court when she crossed the center line, over-corrected, then lost control of the car and ended up hitting a tree.
Police say Mays was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The area near the crash site was closed for nearly three hours as State Police investigated.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 47 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 57 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm