Female driver killed in New Castle Co. crash identified
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the woman killed Saturday in a crash in New Castle.
Toni Mays, 28, of Wilmington was killed when her 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier struck a tree.
It happened shortly before midnight Saturday on Churchmans Road.
Police say Mays was traveling east toward Iroquois Court when she crossed the center line, over-corrected, then lost control of the car and ended up hitting a tree.
Police say Mays was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The area near the crash site was closed for nearly three hours as State Police investigated.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 16 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 31 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 26 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
26 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
31 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
16 min ago