Female driver killed in New Castle Co. crash identified
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the woman killed Saturday in a crash in New Castle.
Toni Mays, 28, of Wilmington was killed when her 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier struck a tree.
It happened shortly before midnight Saturday on Churchmans Road.
Police say Mays was traveling east toward Iroquois Court when she crossed the center line, over-corrected, then lost control of the car and ended up hitting a tree.
Police say Mays was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The area near the crash site was closed for nearly three hours as State Police investigated.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 3 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
29 min ago