Female driver killed in New Castle Co. crash identified
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the woman killed Saturday in a crash in New Castle.
Toni Mays, 28, of Wilmington was killed when her 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier struck a tree.
It happened shortly before midnight Saturday on Churchmans Road.
Police say Mays was traveling east toward Iroquois Court when she crossed the center line, over-corrected, then lost control of the car and ended up hitting a tree.
Police say Mays was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The area near the crash site was closed for nearly three hours as State Police investigated.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man rescued from Schuylkill River 8 min ago
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security 12 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 9 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 26 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!