Female driver killed in New Castle Co. crash identified
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have identified the woman killed Saturday in a crash in New Castle.
Toni Mays, 28, of Wilmington was killed when her 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier struck a tree.
It happened shortly before midnight Saturday on Churchmans Road.
Police say Mays was traveling east toward Iroquois Court when she crossed the center line, over-corrected, then lost control of the car and ended up hitting a tree.
Police say Mays was not wearing a seatbelt. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The area near the crash site was closed for nearly three hours as State Police investigated.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 52 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 20 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 23 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...