Police: 10-year-old shoots self in hand at playground
WEST PHILADELPHIA - November 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- A boy playing with a gun in a West Philadelphia playground shot himself in the hand, police say.
The incident took place at 3:00 p.m. at 56th and Christian streets.
Police say a 10-year-old boy was playing with a gun when the gun discharged.
The bullet struck the boy in the hand.
He was transported to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where he was treated and released.
Initial reports indicated an 11-year-old boy was also involved. Those reports were unfounded.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 38 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ