From Sandy to nor'easter, Brigantine braces
BRIGANTINE, N.J. - November 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- For the people of Brigantine still working on getting their lives back together after Sandy, they have to put that on hold and prepare for a nor'easter.
It was a standing room only crowd at the Brigantine North School auditorium as residents met with local and FEMA officials.
Residents impacted by Sandy were learning how to apply to get help and who qualifies.
Officials were also urging residents to start planning for the storm ahead due to hit on Wednesday.
Emergency management officials are concerned that Brigantine lost quite a bit of their sand dune lines which naturally protect them from the ocean surge.
"I was watching your station earlier and Cecily put one thing up where it may go a little to the north of us, that would be a best case scenario I'd say; if it comes right at us, there's a distinct possibility we're gonna have more flooding from the ocean," Jim Bennett of Brigantine OEM said.
Some residents say they're going to tie things down and ride this one out, others say they are heading out.
"I'm staying, I'm staying for this one," resident Patricia Welz said.
"Well, one thing I'm gonna move my car because I already lost two cars in prior storms so my car will be moved to higher ground," resident Loretta Smith said.
Officials say they are not planning any evacuations and there are no plans to set up shelters because they are presently filled with goods for those impacted by Sandy.
nor'easter, hurricane sandy, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricanes and tropical storms, severe weather, new jersey, local/state, dann cuellar
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ