ME: Boy bled to death from Pittsburgh zoo attack
PITTSBURGH - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The medical examiner's office says a 2-year-old boy who died in the Pittsburgh zoo's African wild dog exhibit bled to death after he was mauled by the animals.
Police and officials at the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium are continuing to investigate the death of Maddox Derkosh, which happened Sunday after he fell from a wooden railing overlooking the painted dogs exhibit.
The Whitehall boy's funeral is Friday and his parents are asking friends, relatives and other mourners to donate toy construction trucks in the boy's name, which will be given to a Christmas children's charity.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner has yet to rule on the manner of the boy's death - that is, whether it was an accident or not - until police determine whether anyone will be charged.
The boy's family has not commented.
children, pennsylvania, pittsburgh, animals, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 7 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 48 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
7 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
1 min ago