3 indicted for Southbridge murder in Del.
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington Police say they have indicted 3 men in connection with the May 21st Southbridge murder of Craig Melancon.
The incident happened just after 7:30 p.m. in the 700 block of Townsend Place in Wilmington, Delaware.
Police say they were called to the scene for a shooting and discovered Craig Melancon suffering from gunshot wounds.
According to the officers, Melancon was unresponsive and they performed CPR until the medics arrived.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital and pronounced dead.
Through the course of the investigation police say, Reuel Ray,19, Tyare Lee, 18 and Richard Ray, 24 were developed as suspects and indicted on Monday.
Police say, all three were charged with 1st degree murder, attempted robbery and possession of a firearm and are being held without bail.
wilmington, homicide, delaware, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 48 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 54 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 32 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
54 min ago