3 indicted for Southbridge murder in Del.
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington Police say they have indicted 3 men in connection with the May 21st Southbridge murder of Craig Melancon.
The incident happened just after 7:30 p.m. in the 700 block of Townsend Place in Wilmington, Delaware.
Police say they were called to the scene for a shooting and discovered Craig Melancon suffering from gunshot wounds.
According to the officers, Melancon was unresponsive and they performed CPR until the medics arrived.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital and pronounced dead.
Through the course of the investigation police say, Reuel Ray,19, Tyare Lee, 18 and Richard Ray, 24 were developed as suspects and indicted on Monday.
Police say, all three were charged with 1st degree murder, attempted robbery and possession of a firearm and are being held without bail.
wilmington, homicide, delaware, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 19 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 13 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 40 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 50 min ago
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 32 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos