For NJ couple, vows come between the storms
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - November 6, 2012 -- Jonathan Carroll and Stephanie McClure picked Election Day to form their own perfect union.
In truth, it picked them.
Tuesday fell between last week's mega-storm and an oncoming nor'easter, making it imperative for the Hoboken couple to tie the knot or risk another delay.
So they were married at Hoboken City Hall while voters were casting their ballots across the hall.
Carroll says their original plans to be married at a banquet hall in the shore community of Point Pleasant were wrecked by Sandy's devastation of the area. He says the hall told him when they reopen he can hold a reception there for friends and relatives.
On Tuesday, some of the wedding party who couldn't make it watched via picture phones.
weddings, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricane sandy, new jersey, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 8 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 41 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 6 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 34 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 3 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 15 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
41 min ago