For NJ couple, vows come between the storms
HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - November 6, 2012 -- Jonathan Carroll and Stephanie McClure picked Election Day to form their own perfect union.
In truth, it picked them.
Tuesday fell between last week's mega-storm and an oncoming nor'easter, making it imperative for the Hoboken couple to tie the knot or risk another delay.
So they were married at Hoboken City Hall while voters were casting their ballots across the hall.
Carroll says their original plans to be married at a banquet hall in the shore community of Point Pleasant were wrecked by Sandy's devastation of the area. He says the hall told him when they reopen he can hold a reception there for friends and relatives.
On Tuesday, some of the wedding party who couldn't make it watched via picture phones.
weddings, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricane sandy, new jersey, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 52 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 39 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
44 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
39 min ago