Pa. man says $20 pot stabbing 'self-defense'
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania man accused of stabbing another man over $20 in marijuana has testified he acted in self-defense.
Twenty-two-year-old Tyler Marlatt testified Tuesday that he swung a wooden stick at 20-year-old Tyler Struble, when the Lemont man approached Marlatt's girlfriend during the Jan. 16 confrontation. That's when Marlatt claims Struble grabbed an aluminum baseball bat and started hitting Marlatt, who says he grabbed a knife and stabbed Marlatt before running away.
Centre County prosecutors contend the incident began when Marlatt and others went to Struble's home to claim money from a drug deal.
Marlatt's girlfriend has already pleaded guilty to robbery and drug charges in the incident.
Attorneys were scheduled to make their closing arguments Wednesday about whether Marlatt should be convicted of murder, robbery, and aggravated assault.
stabbing, pennsylvania, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 33 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 49 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 54 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
49 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
11 min ago