Armed robbery caught on camera in NE Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - November 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking the public for help in tracking down an armed convenience store bandit caught on camera.
It happened November 1st at 6:20 a.m.
Investigators say the man walked into the 7-11 store in the 9900 block of Frankford Avenue and asked for a pack of cigarettes.
When the clerk turned to get the cigarettes, the man pulled out a handgun and demanded money.
The clerk opened the register and put the cash drawer on the counter. The man took $280 in cash then fled the scene.
Police released the following description of the suspect:
White male, 26-27 years-of-age, 5'6"-5'8", 140-145 lbs., wearing black gloves, gray hooded sweatshirt and black jacket.
Police say if you see this suspect do not approach him, contact 911 immediately.
To submit a tip, call 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847, or use this electronic form.
philadelphia, robbery, northeast philadelphia, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 42 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 4 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 22 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 38 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
42 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
4 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
22 min ago