Man caught on camera stealing McDonald's cash drawer in Phila.
GERMANTOWN - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a brazen bandit caught on camera stealing a cash drawer from a McDonald's restaurant.
It happened October 25th at 4:00 a.m. at the McDonald's at 29 East Chelten Avenue in Germantown.
Police say the man walked up to the counter when the clerk on duty was busy at the drive-thru window. The surveillance video shows the man reaching under the counter, pulling out the cash drawer and walking away with it.
Police say the man got away with $100 in cash.
Investigators have released the following description of the suspect:
Black male, 30-40 years-of-age, medium build, wearing a baggy gray hooded sweatshirt and baggy tan pants. Offender may frequent the area of Germantown and Chelten Avenues.
Anyone with information about the theft or the suspect is asked to contact Philadelphia Police. Northwest Detective Division. Detective Druding is handling the case. He can be reached at 215-686-3353/3354.
You can also submit tips by calling 215.686.TIPS (8477), texting a tip to PPD TIP or 773847 or using this electronic form.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 10 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 4 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 19 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 9 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
4 min ago