Man caught on camera stealing McDonald's cash drawer in Phila.
GERMANTOWN - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are looking for a brazen bandit caught on camera stealing a cash drawer from a McDonald's restaurant.
It happened October 25th at 4:00 a.m. at the McDonald's at 29 East Chelten Avenue in Germantown.
Police say the man walked up to the counter when the clerk on duty was busy at the drive-thru window. The surveillance video shows the man reaching under the counter, pulling out the cash drawer and walking away with it.
Police say the man got away with $100 in cash.
Investigators have released the following description of the suspect:
Black male, 30-40 years-of-age, medium build, wearing a baggy gray hooded sweatshirt and baggy tan pants. Offender may frequent the area of Germantown and Chelten Avenues.
Anyone with information about the theft or the suspect is asked to contact Philadelphia Police. Northwest Detective Division. Detective Druding is handling the case. He can be reached at 215-686-3353/3354.
You can also submit tips by calling 215.686.TIPS (8477), texting a tip to PPD TIP or 773847 or using this electronic form.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 37 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
46 min ago