Woman, 19, charged in deadly hit-and-run accident in Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit-and-run accident.
Investigators say 19-year-old Brenda Nazario of Bear, Delaware struck two women on Corporate Boulevard in Newark.
It happened at 7:30 a.m. on September 25th.
52-year-old Maria Eldreth of Wilmington died of her injuries. 67-year-old Judith Johnson of Newark was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say Nazario left the scene of the accident and several hours later reported striking an unknown object on I-95.
Investigators were later able to connect Nazario with the earlier hit-and-run.
Nazario was arrested Tuesday. She has been charged with leaving the scene of a collision resulting in death, a felony. She is also charged with leaving the scene of a collision resulting in injury.
She was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail.
delaware, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 31 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
50 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos