Woman, 19, charged in deadly hit-and-run accident in Delaware
NEWARK, Del. - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have made an arrest in a deadly hit-and-run accident.
Investigators say 19-year-old Brenda Nazario of Bear, Delaware struck two women on Corporate Boulevard in Newark.
It happened at 7:30 a.m. on September 25th.
52-year-old Maria Eldreth of Wilmington died of her injuries. 67-year-old Judith Johnson of Newark was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say Nazario left the scene of the accident and several hours later reported striking an unknown object on I-95.
Investigators were later able to connect Nazario with the earlier hit-and-run.
Nazario was arrested Tuesday. She has been charged with leaving the scene of a collision resulting in death, a felony. She is also charged with leaving the scene of a collision resulting in injury.
She was arraigned and released on $10,000 bail.
delaware, accident, hit and run, local/state
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ