Police: Drunk man fixes dinner in strange home
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - November 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Scranton police say a man was drunk when he walked into a strange home and fixed himself a late-night dinner and a nightcap as the home's occupants slept soundly on the living room couch.
Authorities say 24-year-old Steven Johnson cooked a steak on the stove and helped himself to some clams, crab and shrimp from the fridge.
The man on the sofa woke up and called police after watching Johnson head out the door.
The Times-Tribune reports that officers arrested Johnson nearby. They say he'd made off with some of the leftovers, a box of Klondike bars, and bottles of rum and vodka.
Johnson faces charges of burglary, criminal trespass and public drunkenness. He's behind bars on $10,000 bail.
pennsylvania, burglary, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 43 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 39 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 34 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million